Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Stair Safety Gate







We love our new stair safety gate!!



We got this one, and we love it! It's a Carleson Extra Wide. We bought it from CSN Stores.






Through my friend The Cotton Wife, I was given a contact at CSN Stores and they offered me a gift certificate in order to try ordering one of their products and reviewing it here at the Bowling Team Blog. Since we were moving to the new house with stairs, it was a great time to order our gate through the CSN site. When I clicked there I found they sell nearly every type of item for the home and family you could possibly imagine so I was able to have a choice between many different safety gates when I chose this Carleson one. And the CSN store has free shipping on many items!






I ordered this on a Friday and got it on a Thursday--not too bad when you take into account I put the wrong address with my billing info because I forgot we already had changed our address at the bank!




As you can see in the photo, the extra wide size fit our top of the stairs area really well. It comes as wide as 44 inches and our entry there was 42.5. I believe Carelson also offers additions for larger spaces you might need to gate off. The opening is one that takes 2 hands most of the time--which is a very good thing for keeping the children from opening it up and tumbling down. The little red thing pulls back and then the handle lifts up and you ease on through. (Or you painstakingly help a little person like Mr. Boy or Princess Baby through it and hold your breath as they carefully navigate down the stairs holding the railing!)


The speedy free delivery couldn't have come fast enough, since Princess Baby managed to tumble down those steps on the first day of our living in the house--Papa had the gate installed but didn't get here in time to do it before she had her first spill. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt badly and just got scared mostly, but it sure re-enforced our enthusiasm for it!! The picture of the door with the butterfly on it is Princess Baby's room--you can see how super close the doorway is to the top of the stairs--so even if she wasn't trying to play on the stairs, her enthusiasm for hopping and prancing as she walks could lead to big time trouble if not for the trusty new gate from CSN stores!


8 Thumbs Up from the entire Bowling Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment